Apifon provides a messaging automation platform that helps business to communicate with their customers effectively, grow revenue and improve customer experience. The cloud platform, Mookee, enables communication through multiple channels: SMS, Viber and other chat apps.
We understand that when you use Mookee platform you are placing your trust in us to handle your data appropriately, including the personal information of you and your end users. That is why, at Apifon, we do everything in our power to protect your data and give you full control over your personal data on our platform.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in Greece however for the purposes of hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
We have a Data Protection Program in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. More information on this framework can be found on our website.
Apifon as the data controller vs Apifon as the data processor
Depending on your relationship with Apifon, we can be either Controller or Processor and as a result have specific responsibilities:
Controller is the company that an individual (or data subject) provides their personal data to. The Controller has the responsibility of deciding why and how (the "purposes" and "means") the personal data is processed.
Processor is the company that provides part of the service of the Controller, and needs specific personal data in control of the Controller in order to do so. The Processor has obligations to process data safely and legally and only according to the instructions of the Controller.
When we collect
We collect and process your personal information:
- when you browse our website we automatically collect data by placing cookies and trusted tracking technologies on your browser;
- when you contact our Sales Team or our Support Team;
- when you request to receive newsletters / product and services information and material;
- when you sign up for a Mookee account and use our products and services;
- when you buy credits, we need more information than just your name and password.
What we need
The personal data we collect may include depending on our relationship:
- contact details;
- account credentials;
- financial data;
- usage data;
- location data.
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to:
- manage our relationship with you;
- send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- provide the requested services to you;
- provide, support, and improve the services we offer;
- be able to control traffic on critical confidential data so we can handle and manage any incident that may arise;
- carry out core business operations such as accounting and filing taxes.
We will not collect any personal data we do not need in order to provide and oversee those services to you.
How long we keep them
We will keep your personal data as long as there is a contractual obligation between us - unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
What are your rights?
You are entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to request access to, rectification of, or erasure of your personal data. If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect, you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted.
Furthermore, you have the right to request restriction of collection and/or processing of, or object to certain types of collection and/or processing of your personal data. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter, at email@example.com
. You may also, in some circumstances, be entitled to data portability.
Last but not least, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the corresponding data protection supervisory authority in your country of residence.
If you have any additional question about Apifon’s collection and storage of data, please feel free to contact us at: